Friday, April 29, 2011

Thoughts on a royal wedding

On the occasion of today's nuptials, I thought I'd deck this blog with the appropriate colours:


These are the only items with the Union Jack on them in this household, eternalised by my grotty webcam.

I also thought I'd dedicate a song to Wills Lackhair and his betrothed.



Of course, Morrissey was NOT invited to the event.

But here's a quiz question: Could someone out there explain to me why Morrissey claims that "this royal line" still "salutes" Oliver Cromwell. Do they? Why should the royals salute a republican? I don't get this.

1 comment:

Geoff Coupe said...

Possibly because Cromwell buggered up the case for Republicanism so successfully that the populace welcomed back the monarchy with open arms - for which the royals continue to be grateful?