Saturday, October 25, 2008

True

Not being in the US, I can escape the onslaught of political advertising that some people (those in closely-fought states) are experiencing.

Given that I'm not an undecided voter and have already cast my ballot, such things would be a bit redundant for me anyway.

But a couple of things I've caught online have struck me as being quite effective.

First, a 'no on Prop 8' ad from California. (This is one of the many 'ballot initiatives this year in many states, and in this case it revolves around the issue of gay marriage. In short: 'no' is in favour of equal rights, 'yes' is against.)

This series of ads is based on Apple's well known 'get a Mac' campaign. (Like Google, Apple has donated to the 'no on Prop 8' campaign.)



I also like this one, which stars Molly Ringwald, along with her real-life husband and daughter:



Finally, I present this pro-Obama ad based on the famous 'Wassup?' ad campaign for the Anheuser-Busch company that ran from 1999 to 2002.

In case you have forgotten them (or never saw them...they were inescapable for Americans), the original is available here.

The new ad is both entertaining and powerful:

3 comments:

https://obscenedesserts.blogspot.com/ said...

Oh man, Molly Ringwald looks kinda fat!

JCWood said...

All that Breakfast Club, perhaps?

https://obscenedesserts.blogspot.com/ said...

Don't you forget about food ....