Saturday, October 18, 2008

Germany-related weekend reads

.... just in case you lot find the time. I don't (find the time, I mean) - which explains why things over here have become rather quiet.

The Times has a wonderful article about one of my great childhood heroines, Judith Kerr, the author of When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit. One day I'd really like to thank Judith Kerr in person for instilling in me a love of all things British (I wouldn't tell her, of course, that my once fervent passion has been abating a bit over the years), but since she doesn't seem to be too keen on most things German, this will probably never happen.

Der Spiegel
has an oxymoronic piece on (the not so) latest London fashion: German comedy.

And over at The Independent, always alert culture-vulture Tony Paterson offers the world a completely rancid old chestnut about Our Lady of the Avocado Kernels (for my take on Feuchtgebiete, see here and here).

2 comments:

Chris Brooke said...

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit, The Tiger Who Came To Tea and Mog the Forgetful Cat is a remarkable trio.

https://obscenedesserts.blogspot.com/ said...

Oooohhh - that sounds a tad dismissive. If Judith Kerr was an old hairless guy with a a mobile midriff you'd probably be saying that his oeuvre reveals an impressive breadth and scope.