Saturday, May 10, 2008

Love, (Anglo-)American Style

Yesterday marked my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. It seems a bit funny to say that, since neither of them is alive to celebrate it; however, not long before my mother died last year, she had commented to me that she still 'felt married' even though my father had been gone for two decades.

She still felt that the anniversaries were real enough to celebrate. And so do I.

Here they are, in 1948.


A handsome couple, if I do say so myself.

This has always been one of my favourite photos of them. In particular, I like my mother's glance over to my father. That one look says a great deal.

So, happy anniversary.

As usual, somewhat belated. Sorry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your blog is really admirable ,i am asking you if you permit me to translate it into Arabic, in the comment site in your post,it would be interesting for Arabic readers,good luck and thank you

JCWood said...

Thanks for the praise.

But, no, I only allow comments here in languages that we can read. (Which limits us to English, German and French.)

Of course, you are free to link to and quote us on your own blog, and -- there -- to provide translations.

Thanks for coming by.

lily said...

beeindruckender Post.

JCWood said...

Vielen Dank!